Sunday, June 8, 2014

One Piece

It's been over 3 hours since this 8 hour flight began, and I've lost track of where we are in comparison to the earth below. As I peer through the clouds I see pointed hills of brown stretching out beneath me. They are connected with swirls of white, snow, ice, settling into the cracks. Swept so gracefully, strokes by an artist's purposeful hand. Maybe we are over Greenland.
The earth is so small. One piece among millions of stars and planets that make up our galaxy. I turn from the window now to look around this plane, massive as it is, and yet filled to the brim with passengers. Those I am among come from all over the world. I see business people, families, and tourists. So many different backgrounds and stories are gathered here. Numerous souls traveling.
Again my focus is held outside my window, thinking of all those living on the ground, the millions placed all over the world.
Lost people.
     Hurt people.
          Searching people. And here I am, just one.
One on this plane.
     One on this earth.
         One in this galaxy.
Just a piece, in a piece, in a piece of this puzzle I could never assemble, and I am so thankful that that is not asked of me. I am only responsible for my part, my little piece.
The artist is speaking now and I can hear Him. I know not the plan for the world, heck I don't even know the plan for lunch, but I know what you have spoken, and I will obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment