Monday, May 12, 2014

Life in Apartment #4

Hey, all! I've been living on my own for over 4 months now, and figured I'd give you an update on how it's going for me. 
It's going great! Coming home to an empty apartment did take some getting used to, but I found that personalizing little things around my new home made the idea a lot easier. I hung up a dream catcher a friend had made for me, covered my refrigerator with little notes and pictures, put up a painting I'd done in high school, set out an owl shaped bar of soap from my little sister (which I will never use on account of it's super-cuteness), and a lot of other not very noticeable things that I happen to love. Then I began to decorate, and although there is still a lot more I'd like to do, the place has definitely come a long way. 
The night that I moved in I posted to the Living on Laughter blog. If you saw that post, you've seen the before pictures of what my home looked like 4 months ago, and today you will see how much it has changed! 
Living room! Will forever love the breathtaking sunrises that stream in these vast windows. 

Still working on this corner. Carl (my turtle/roommate) is dominating it so far. 

Beautiful new furniture from my Opa <3
Climbing out of this comfy cloud of heaven is an impossible struggle in the mornings. 

Could my kitchen be any whiter?

So many sweet and encouraging notes from my lovely friends :-)
And the picnic basket I plan to use often this summer! 

A little glimpse of my dining room, and the over 100 year old mirror that's been passed down
to me from my great-grandma. Love my Oma so much, and now I am reminded of her all the time!  
Well there you have it! So far so good. I love having my own space to be creative with. I hope to add a lot more photos of my friends, family, and the memories that make me smile the most. When I moved in my goal for this apartment was an atmosphere of freedom of expression, joy, and love. Think it's coming along pretty well.
Thank for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment