Thursday, October 9, 2014

Clarity

Hey hey :-) So my last post has gotten a lot of comments, people are a bit confused as to where this scenario I wrote about came from and what kind of book I'm aiming for. My mom even called me the day after I made that post to make sure there wasn't something she'd missed one Wednesday night when I was 10. Many others have said how convincing and real the story felt which is actually a good thing! I want you guys to be pulled into this story. I want you to feel what those that are in places, like the girl in my book, feel. Anyways now I'm rambling...lets get things clarified.
Possibly the cutest, most lovable little fuzzball. 
First of all, this story is fictional. The night that I described in my story is not an exact experience I myself have been through. The Diaries of Beverly Benedict is not a real show and my father never beat me over the TV remote. There are some smaller things here that I did steal from my past though. I used to really like this kid named Max (the name of the boy Beverly sneaks out to see in the TV show) when I was younger, I did used to lie and tell people I felt sick when I wasn't to get out of things, and my dad has physically hurt me, I've hit him too. These things are tough.
I know I'm not the only one who's felt the things that my main character feels, I would bet some of you have too. These things are tough, that's why I write about them.
Also, this book isn't about dealing with an abusive parent or relationship. I know this passage I shared is, but that's why I chose this piece to show you guys. I didn't want to spoil the real story here, but I did want to pull people in, I wanted to see if my words could make you feel things, and I wanted to give you some background about who this character is and where she came from.
It's things like this that I learn the most from. I've learned a lot about forgiveness, how to work hard for change, and how to let go of things you can't control. I've also learned a lot about romantic relationships this past year, this is the kind of relationship I really want to address. So stay tuned :-) I'm sure I'll be letting you in on some more secrets as things move along.
Everybody good? Cool cool. Glad we got that taken care of.
Overall the feedback I've been getting is very encouraging. Thank you all for taking the time to read what I write, thanks for giving me encouragements and constructive criticism, and thanks for believing in me. You're literally the best.
Literally. :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment